The Saskatchewan Arts Board is undertaking reviews of all our major programs, in keeping with the “Art- and Artist-Centred” goal in our strategic plan.
“It’s important to us to have significant and meaningful consultations with the arts community as part of these program reviews,” says Michael Jones, Chief Executive Officer. “We are very grateful to everyone who has participated so far, in-person and online. It is inspiring to hear from so many people who are intelligent, creative and committed to the work we do at the Arts Board.”
Professional Arts Organizations Program
- Organizations that participated in the consultations appreciated having their voices heard and knowing that the Arts Board believes in the work they’re doing.
- We recently had our first deadline under the new Professional Arts Organizations Program, and we’re looking forward to the jury in March.
Independent Artists Program
- We received more than 550 responses to our online survey about the program.
- Initial feedback from initial public consultation meetings are available here.
- The final document detailing program changes over the short- and long-term will be publicly available by the end of March.
Indigenous Pathways Initiative
- The consultation process is underway, with the first meeting of representatives from Indigenous communities around the province taking place at Wanuskewin the week of January 23.
Artists in Schools and Artists in Communities
- We have plans to undertake reviews of both programs, combining consultations so we are able to reach more communities and hear diverse voices from around the province.